PROCEDURE FOR SIGNING UP FOR CAMPOUTS
Scouts are encouraged to attend all campouts. Please know that it takes a significant amount of planning and effort to arrange for food and transportation for a Troop our size.
The outdoor activities chair will finalize transportation preparations for campouts at least two weeks prior. Therefore, it is imperative that all Scouts and dads attending a campout sign up and pay the camping fee by the 2nd Tuesday prior to any campout (unless otherwise directed.)
If a Scout misses the deadline and wants to attend the campout, the Scout (not the parent) needs to complete all of the steps listed below. If this procedure is not followed, the Scout will not be permitted to attend the campout.
1) Call his patrol leader to see who is purchasing the food.
2) Call the Scout who is buying the food to see if the food has been purchased. If not,
3) Call the outdoor activities chair to see if there is room in a vehicle to get where we are going. If yes,
4) Call the treasurer to tell him how he will be paying.
5) Call the Scout who is buying the food to say that he has been given permission to attend and needs food purchased for him.
6) Call his patrol leader to say that he has been given permission to attend.
Procedure for a Scout Who Withdrawals After Having Paid to Attend a Trip
1) Call his patrol leader to say that he cannot attend and to ask if the food has been purchased.
2) Call the outdoor activities chair to say he will not be attending.
3) Call the treasurer to say that he will not be attending and to ask for a credit to his account or a refund. NOTE: if the food has not been purchased and no other money has
been extended by the Troop, on the Scout’s behalf, then a full refund will be made.
Contact information is available on the Troop Roster.