Troop 48 Procedure for Campout Signup After the Payment Deadline
It takes a significant amount of planning and effort to arrange the transportation and food for the campouts, and it makes it easier for those planning if everyone signs up and pays the camping fee by the deadline, the 2nd Tuesday prior to the campout.
If a Scout misses the deadline and wants to attend the campout, the Scout needs to complete all of the steps listed below. If this procedure is not followed, the Scout will not be permitted to attend the campout.
- Call his patrol leader to see who is purchasing the food.
- Call the Scout who is buying food to see if the food has been purchased. If not,
- Call the outdoor activities coordinator or co-coordinator, to see if there is room in a vehicle to get where we are going. If yes,
- Call the treasurer to tell him how he will be paying.
- Call the Scout who is buying food to say that he has been given permission to attend and needs food purchased for him.
- Call his patrol leader to say that he has been given permission to attend.
Procedure for Declining After Having Paid to Attend a Trip
- Call his patrol leader to say that he cannot attend and to ask if the food has been purchased.
- Call the outdoor activities coordinator or co-coordinator to say he will not be attending.
- Call the treasurer to say that he will not be attending and to ask for a credit to his account or a refund. NOTE: if the food has not been purchased and no other money has been extended by the Troop, on the Scout’s behalf, then a full refund will be made.
Contact information is available on the Troop Roster.
March 25, 2014